Summer 2015 Calendar
Summer Blast (June 22 – August 13)
· East Side Arts Council brings the arts to Summer Blast at Parks and Recreation Centers across Saint Paul. Classes rotate to a new site each day. Sites include North Dale, El Rio Vista, Jimmy Lee, Langford, Edgecumbe, MLK, McDonough, Phalen, Wilder, Dayton’s Bluff, Scheffer, Hancock, Merriam Park, Hazel Park, Rice, W. Minnehaha, Duluth and Case, Arlington Hills, and Hayden Heights.
o Visual Arts with Pao Her
o Visual Arts with Nancy Ariza
o Visual Arts with Lara Hanson
o Hip Hop Dance with Edna Stevens
o Hip Hop Dance with Sara Kelly
Artmobile (Session 1: July 6-24, Session 2: 27-August 7)
· East Side Arts Council’s Armtobile! Returns with FREE art classes at East Side parks and recreation centers. Classes are free, drop-in and held Monday-Friday from 1-3pm.
o 7/6-10 Hmong Dance with Julia Vang
o 7/13-17 Maskmaking with Adetomiwa Gbadebo
o 7/20/24 Visual Arts with Rose Marie Felsheim
o 7/27-31 Copper Arts with Gita Ghei
o 8/3-7 Recycled Arts with Mayumi Amada
Grand Opening of Philip Blackburn’s The Scope at Beacon Bluff (June 20, 3-4pm)
· Please come celebrate the launch of Philip Blackburn's The Scope at Beacon Bluff with a fancy ribbon cutting ceremony featuring special 3M-inspired performances by industrial taiko band Savage Aural Hotbed, and Deborah Jinza Thayer's elegantly mystifying Movement Architecture.
· ESAC brings artists into the community at summertime festivals and events. Some art booth activities include a make-your-own comic strip station, framed paintings and drawings, finger puppets, and pipe cleaner rings.
· June-Oct: ESAC Craft Booth at Thursday Night Farmers Markets
· at Arlington Hills (3 days)
· June 20,12-5pm: ESAC Craft Booth World Refugee Day at Arlington Hills
· TBA: Urban Oasis Community Meals
Concerts at Phalen Lake Amphitheater
Rain or shine each summer, ESAC helps bring free live music to the beautiful outdoor amphitheater at Phalen Lake. These are great events for the whole family!
· June 18, 7pm: Sinfonia Featuring Flamenco Guitarist Tony Hauser
· July 14, 7pm: Songs of Hope International Children’s Choir
Classes at Salvation Army's Summer Program
· This summer, ESAC is offering one and two day workshops with professional artists to children at the Salvation Army on Payne Avenue. For more information, call 651-776-8169 ext 3016.
· July 27 and 28: Music Composition with Peter Morrow
· August 3: Break Dance with Jesse Ho
· August 7th: Hip Hop Dance with Edna Stevens
A community arts organization offering accessible, low-cost or free arts programs led by accomplished professional artists, ESAC celebrates the diversity of its neighborhood and builds appreciation of the arts.
All our programs are ADA compliant and can be adapted to suit all participants.
The mission of the East Side Arts Council is to collaborate with our community and artists to celebrate and experience the arts.
HomeFacebookDonate Now2012 Annual Report
977 Payne AvenueSt Paul, MN 55130(651) 774-5422EmailDirections